I have the highly unusual combination of experience as:
- a literary agent (though I do almost no agenting now, and in fact do some work for other agents and sometimes introduce writers to agents and publishers)
- a manuscript/book developer
- a book editor
- the author of two commercially published books.
For writers of fiction and nonfiction, and for professionals with special expertise, the benefit of that experience is that I understand:
- how hard it is to write a book,
- how far from publishable most manuscripts really are,
- how picky agents and publishers can afford to be,
- what will appeal and repel those decision-makers about a manuscript or book idea, and
- all aspects of the process of bringing a book to life and sending it out into the world.
There are few things more satisfying than seeing your book published well. I enjoy helping other people achieve that dream.
Below are cover images and title/author/publisher details of some of the books I’ve edited, agented, developed, or otherwise helped into life.
VIRGINIA LLOYD (*waves*)
I'm on a mission to help writers and experts maximize the appeal of their manuscript submissions to literary agents and book publishers.
Too many writers send off their agent submissions without getting feedback on their materials. Then when they don't hear back from agents, they get frustrated and disappointed.
As the traditionally published author of two books, as a structural editor, former in-house editor and literary agent, I'll give you the kind of commercial and constructive feedback you'll never get from a workshop or writers' group.
Whatever you need, my team and I are here to help.