A handful of things I found interesting and relevant to memoir-writers from my tour around the “intertubes” this week:
- The Me My Child Mustn’t Know – Dani Shapiro’s efforts to prevent her 12 yr-old son finding out about her first memoir, written before his birth, almost ensure that one of his schoolfriends will let him know about it.
- Marion Roach Smith’s new book, The Memoir Project
- The Possessed’s Elif Batuman writing about her use of the word ‘douchebag’ in an essay on Dante
- Maud Newton on the sui generis Joan Didion in advance of Didion’s new memoir, Blue Nights
- this essay on the success of memoirs by rock stars – a subject I wrote about for the Sydney Morning Herald reproduced in two PDFs here.
Happy weekend reading!