I help writers get book publishing deals. Sometimes it’s through a literary agent, and at other times it’s by a publisher’s direct acquisition. I do this through mentoring, editorial tough-love, and sharing insider knowledge built on my unique combination of skills as a former literary agent, former in-house and freelance book editor (of fiction and nonfiction), and as the author of two traditionally published books (memoir/nonfiction).
My clients get published. Here’s what some of them have said about working with me.
Honest, constructive advice about your book or book idea
Are you stuck? Not sure if your idea is good enough? Or are you wondering why you’re not hearing back from any of the agents or publishers you’ve already submitted your work to?
If so, then it’s time to reach out to someone who will be constructive, helpful – and honest.
Explore the ways I most often help writers to get an agent or a book deal:
The Debut: Agent Query Letter & Synopsis Edit
The Wordsmith: get agent-ready!
– Author, The Dental Diet (Hay House, 2018) | Non-Fiction
Dr Steven Lin
“One of the most important hours I have ever spent talking about my writing.”
– Author, Have You Seen Simone? (Black Inc, 2014), about her work in progress | Memoir
– Writer | Memoir
– Author, Game, Set, Cash! (Black Inc, 2014) | Non-Fiction
– Sisterhood of Jesters (forthcoming in 2022) (Upswell Publishing) | Non-Fiction
– Writer | SF trilogy
Ingrid Du Vernet
– Author, Choosing To Live, Choosing To Die: A Memoir Of My Husband (forthcoming in September 2021) (Australian Scholarly Publishing) | Memoir